With tap and cap, make as many bus journeys as you like using the same contactless card or device and we'll cap your fare so you don't pay more than you should.
Forget the stress of searching for change at the bus stop, simply tap with your card or your device on our reader at the front of the bus and away you go.
You must use the same card or device for each journey or capping won’t work.
We work out when you've reached a cap because we log every journey you make when you tap the same contactless (card or device) on the reader as you board the bus.
3 day and 7 day capping is calculated for journeys made between a set time period of Monday to Sunday.
1. When getting on the bus simply place your card or device on our card machine at the front of the vehicle.
2. Wait for the beep sound and the green screen will pop up.
3. No ticket is issued, just head to your seat and enjoy the ride!
4. You don't need to tap your card or device again when you exit the bus as this may charge you for another journey.
5. If you are going on more than one journey in a day or across lots of days, always tap the same card or device on the reader on the bus. Even if your device is linked to the same bank account as your card, swapping between the two means we can't cap your fares. For example, if you pay with a mobile device on Monday and a contactless card on Tuesday, these fares won't count towards a 3 day or 7 day cap.
A cap limits how much you pay for all your journeys. This is split into one day, three days or up to seven days giving you flexibility and the best value for the travel you are using.
A one day cap is calculated for all journeys you make on one day.
A three day cap is calculated for all journeys you make for 3 days.
The time period to benefit from the 3 day cap starts on a Monday and finishes the following Sunday before resetting. If you travel three days in this time period, then the most you will pay will be £11.50. The three days you travel can be any three days during the time period.
A seven day cap is calculated for all journeys you make for up to 7 days.
The time period to benefit from the 7 day cap starts on a Monday and finishes the following Sunday before resetting. The most you will pay for unlimited travel in this time period will be £15.
If you want to view your previous journeys and payments made during the previous four months just enter your card details below (don't worry your card details are captured for verification purposes only and not for payment).
If you think you have been overcharged, you will be able to check exactly what we charged you for each journey, and then compare this to what appears on your bank statement. Please be aware that the date your payment appears on your bank statement will not be the same as the date you travelled, it will usually be a few days later.
If you have spoken to our customer service team and they have given you a transaction ID, please choose the option below.
Back to top